Monday, June 23, 2008

Words of Encouragement

So.... sometimes the very simplest of encouraging words can mean a whole lot.

Sunday night, I hosted my church at my house. We had about 35 to 40 folks show up. I fed them jambalaya and red beans and rice (I so totally should have had a Mardi Gras Pardi this year), and they ate it all. For some reason, I woke up earlier than usual on Sunday, so I'm a crazy person making four pans of Rice Krispy Treats at 6:30 in the morning. The Rice Krispy Treats were pretty much gone too, and whatever was left of them was consumed by the girls at work on Monday.

After dining on cajun cuisine, we all gathered in the living room for a time of discussion (reiterating that morning's sermon). We finished the evening by breaking into small groups and praying for one another. My friend Neal (he and his wife Teresa led my small group this year) was in my small prayer group. Well, the discussion ran long, so in the middle of the praying, Neal and Theresa had to leave to go pick up their kids. I didn't realize they left until after "Amen."

When I went into the kitchen, the Nelsons had left me a "note" written on a coffee cup.





Neal & Teresa, thanks! I think you're cool, too!

No comments: