Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ghillie Suit or Wookie Costume?

So.... I spent last weekend with my parents and sister in the Dallas area with some friends that have a great big house. On Saturday all the guys went to Cabela's in Fort Worth. My dad bought some boots. Before we left, my Dad and I both tried on a Ghillie Suit (just for kicks and ghillies, er, I mean giggles).

A Ghillie suit is a type of camouflage clothing designed to resemble heavy underbrush. Hunters, military snipers, and paintballers use them to prevent detection.





I think we look like we're trying on Yak coats or Wookie costumes.
Speaking of wookies, I was joking with my family about how we misunderstand words in songs. My favorite is from a Jack Johnson song "Better Together" from the In Between Dreams album: "Our dreams, and they are made out of real things, Like a shoebox of photographs..." - "Like a shoebox of photographs" sounds a lot like "Chewbacca photographs."

No comments: